April 2, 2019
Announcing the K-State New Employee Welcome program
A new orientation program begins on April 10. The K-State New Employee Welcome program will take place on the second Wednesday of every month beginning in April.
Human Capital Services has designed this new program to help new employees feel a sense of belonging from the start of their career at K-State and become familiar with K-State culture, history and the resources available to support their success and complement the electronic onboarding task list they use in PageUp.
Directly tied to Theme 5 of the K-State 2025 strategic plan, this new holistic onboarding program will help support and address the needs of employees and the departments and units they are serving.
Registration is now open for the K-State New Employee Welcome program. All new employees should sign up to reserve their place in this exciting new program.
Human Capital Services thanks those who contributed to this initiative through their expertise, insight and feedback:
- Sarah Barrett, Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- Jaci Begnoche, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Linda Cook, Office of the President.
- Krista Darting, K-State Alumni Association.
- Marlene Kunze Dolan, Housing and Dining Services.
- Kristi Fronce, Human Capital Services.
- Grant Hill, Office of the President.
- Geneva Jahnke, College of Agriculture.
- Gary Leitnaker, Human Capital Services, co-chair.
- Sonya Lutter, School of Family Studies and Human Services.
- Amanda McDiffett, Human Capital Services, co-chair.
- Diana McElwain, Human Capital Services, co-chair.
- Sonya Paph, Office of Student Life.
- Connie Pfaff-Eickhoff, Human Capital Services.
- Maureen Redeker, Office of General Counsel.
- Drew Smith, K-State Polytechnic.
- Ann Treinen, Administrative Support Center.
- Terin Walters, K-State Alumni Association.
- Denise Werth, K-State Polytechnic.
Please note: This program replaces the current New Employee Benefits Orientation. The last New Employee Benefits Orientation was hosted on March 28.
More information can be found on our HCS Strategic Initiatives website. A new website for the program is currently under development.