January 15, 2019
Introduction to Supervision series to begin Feb. 5
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Learning and Development in Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures.
Supervisors of university support staff, or USS, employees are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff who supervise USS employees.
Human Capital Services asks that participants in the program are current supervisors of USS employees at the time of enrollment. Please note, this series is not meant for supervisors of unclassified or student employees, including graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants or graduate assistants.
A series of topics are covered:
- "Benefit" your team.
- Hiring top talent.
- Interview designer.
- Introduction to search committee roles and responsibilities.
- Resources to attract a highly talented, diverse workforce.
- Recognizing discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Managing difficult conversations.
- Evaluating USS work performance.
- Corrective action for university support staff.
- Attendance guidelines for university support staff.
- Americans with Disabilities Act-how to manage accommodations.
This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all USS supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted permanent status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self-Service or email Megan Hoelting at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number, WTD077.