January 14, 2019
Nominations open for unclassified professional staff, university support staff awards
The Division of Human Capital Services is accepting nominations for the following unclassified professional staff and university support staff awards.
- The President's Award of Excellence for Unclassified Professionals fosters excellence in the workplace by rewarding and recognizing unclassified professional staff members who achieve excellence and/or make exemplary contributions to the mission and values of K-State. Unclassified professional staff, or nonfaculty, with a minimum of three years of continuous service who are employed at five-tenths or greater on a regular or term appointment are eligible.
Five awards are made, one in each of the following categories:
- Team building, group activity, service to the university.
- Exceptional productivity, creativity or innovation.
- Distinguished accomplishment.
- The K-State University Support Staff Award of Excellence recognizes exemplary performance and contributions of university support staff members who consistently excel in their positions and demonstrate integrity and a strong commitment to the mission and values of K-State. All university support, benefits eligible staff members, full or part-time, who have received a "meets expectations" or higher rating on their most recent performance review are eligible to be nominated for this award.
Three award winners are selected, one from each of the following categories:
- Office and clerical.
- Technical and professional.
- Service, maintenance and skilled crafts.
- The K-State University Support Staff Belonging Award recognizes outstanding work on inclusivity and belonging efforts here at K-State. All university support, benefits eligible staff members, full or part-time, who have received a "meets expectations" or higher rating on their most recent performance review are eligible to be nominated for this award. One winner will be selected.
All winners will receive a $1,000 award. The nomination deadline for the awards is Feb. 15.
Current faculty, staff, administrators and/or students at K-State may nominate individuals to be considered for these awards. No self-nominations will be accepted. All nominations will be confidential. Nominations require the completion of the nomination form, including two letters of support from other individuals. More information about these awards, including the nomination form and procedures, is available online.
Questions about any of the awards may be directed to email@example.com.