October 17, 2018
Advising survey available for eligible undergraduate students
The advising survey collects data regarding the quality of advising at K-State, as well as provides individual advisors with feedback on their performances.
Students will need to complete the survey before enrolling. The steps involved in the advising survey process for students include:
- Students meet with their advisor concerning enrollment for the spring semester.
- Once the advisor flag, or hold, is lifted, students can take the advising survey any time before enrolling. The advising survey hold will prevent students from enrolling in spring classes until they complete the survey.
- Students access the advising survey link in KSIS. See step-by-step instructions. The link to the survey can be found directly in the hold details.
- Instructions in the survey will guide students through completion. The survey should take around 10 minutes to complete.
- After the survey has been completed, the hold will be automatically removed. Students should allow at least 10 minutes for this process to complete.
When the survey closes at the end of enrollment, advisors and administrators will have data regarding the quality of advising across the university. College administrators will be able to access aggregated data on the advisors' ratings in their respective colleges. Administrators will not be able to view any specific advisor's ratings, only aggregated data.
Advisors also will be able to view statistics on each item in their individual evaluations, as well as all written comments verbatim. As always in such ratings, all reports are confidential. Reports of results will not contain any information that identifies an individual student or his/her responses.
Survey preview links, details about the process and FAQ can be found at the advising survey website.