June 5, 2018
Internal search for interim dean of College of Agriculture and director of KSRE
The Office of the Provost announces an expedited search for the interim dean of the College of Agriculture and director of K-State Research and Extension. This will be an internal search open to all current employees of Kansas State University, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2018.
The interim dean and director will take over leadership for John Floros, who will be leaving to become president at New Mexico State University. A national search will be conducted later for permanent leadership with more details to follow.
Search committee members are:
- Brian Niehoff, committee chair, associate provost for institutional effectiveness.
- Lauri Baker, associate professor of communications and agricultural education.
- Andrew Barkley, professor of agricultural economics.
- Martin Draper, professor and department head of plant pathology.
- Gregg Hadley, associate professor of agricultural economics and associate director for extension.
- Berlin Londono, assistant professor of entomology.
- Jan Middendorf, associate director of the Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab.
- Paula Peters, associate professor of food, nutrition, dietetics and health and assistant director of family and consumer sciences in K-State Research and Extension.
- DeAnn Presley, associate professor of agronomy.
- Cary Rivard, associate professor of horticulture and natural resources and director of the K-State Research and Extension center in Olathe.
- Kim Schirer, senior director of development for the College of Agriculture.
- Charles Stark, associate professor of grain science and industry.
- Jeffrey Stevenson, professor of animal sciences and industry.
- Kerry Wefald, marketing director with the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
The interim dean/director is the chief administrative officer of the College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension and is responsible for overall program leadership, strategic direction, fiscal stewardship, fund development, policy formulation and impact assessment and aligning these efforts with the K-State 2025 visionary plan.
The interim dean/director works extensively with the associate dean for academic programs, associate dean of international agricultural programs, associate dean of research and graduate programs, associate director for research, associate director for extension, college department heads, and deans of other colleges with faculty appointments in the Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service. Other responsibilities include overseeing international programs and institutes and interacting with county and district extension councils and the state legislature. The interim dean/director reports directly to the provost and serves on the Council of Academic Deans.
The search committee invites letters of nomination or applications to be submitted as soon as possible. Please include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact information for at least three references. This position is open to current employees of Kansas State University. The application deadline is June 12, with campus interviews anticipated to take place beginning June 18.
The full position description and required qualifications may be found on K-State's careers website or on the provost’s website.
If you have a nomination or questions about the search, please contact Kellie Wilson, talent acquisition senior strategic partner, at 785-532-1603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted electronically at k-state.edu/hcs/careers.