February 7, 2018
K-State Legislative Advocates meet legislators in Topeka
On Feb. 6, the newly-created Legislative Advocates program, a branch of the Student Governing Association, joined with student delegations from six other Kansas Board of Regents schools to advocate for higher education in the state capital. The delegates met with legislators in teams of two to advocate for increased funding for higher education and weapons policy reform.
The following K-State students were part of the delegation:
- Jack Ayres, student body president, Overland Park.
- Olivia Baalman, student body vice president, Wichita.
- James Krotz, state relations director, Belleville.
- April Ascher, Alta Vista.
- Kayla Clark, Lawrence.
- Khalil Odums, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Lucas Peterson, Liberty, Missouri.
- Natalie Jabben, Olathe.
- Nathan King, Troy.
- Nick Weis, Leawood.
- Paul Feighner, Stilwell.
- Ramin Rostampour, Overland Park.
- Ryan Kelly, Overland Park.
- William Jackson, Manhattan.