September 12, 2017
Global Campus to host 'Have a Byte' event
Kansas State University Global Campus will host a new event for those with an interest in distance education instruction that aims to provide insight, generate interest and inspire attendees to take the next step toward teaching online.
The event, called "Have a Byte," will be 2:30-4 p.m. Sept. 22 at Forum Hall in the K-State Student Union. A wine and cheese reception will follow the program.
The event will feature several faculty and staff members who currently teach online at K-State. They will share unique and effective methods for teaching online and other tips that would benefit anyone interested in offering courses through an online delivery model, as well as those who already teach online courses. The presentations cover a wide variety of relevant topics and are designed to be succinct and informative.
Scheduled presenters at Have a Byte include:
- Brent Anders, Office of Mediated Education
- Kakali Bhattacharya, College of Education
- James Chen, College of Engineering
- Huston Gibson, College of Architecture, Planning & Design
- Shalin Hai-Jew, iTAC
- Kathleen Hoss-Cruz, College of Human Ecology
- Elaine Johannes, College of Human Ecology
- Brian Lindshield, College of Human Ecology
- Sue Williams, College of Arts and Sciences
- Linda Yarrow, College of Human Ecology
Have a Byte is a collaborative effort between Global Campus, the Teaching and Learning Center, the Office of Mediated Education and iTAC.
Additional information can be found at global.k-state.edu/faculty/have-a-byte. Contact the event coordinator, Laura Widenor, with any questions at email@example.com or 785-532-3542.