April 5, 2017
Celebrate student employees with National Student Employment Week April 10-14
Student employees are crucial to the success of many offices on campus and National Student Employment Week is a great time to celebrate your hard-working student employees.
Student employment is shown to promote retention and engagement for students, as well as help develop skills for future career success. Join the initiative to recognize K-State's student employees throughout the week of April 10-14.
Use the following suggestions to honor your student employees:
- Throw a pizza party, potluck, do-it-yourself sundae bar, or footlong sub party; have a popcorn machine in your office; serve cake and punch; have a hamburger or hot dog barbecue; or create goody bags for each student.
- Host scavenger hunts with prizes for the winners.
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to student workers and listing all students' names.
- Arrange for administrators to do some reverse job shadowing — partner with a student worker for a day or even an hour, to see what kinds of duties are involved.
- Organize trivia contests with prizes for winners.
- Distribute certificates of appreciation.
Recognize your student employees on social media using the hashtag #WildcatWay to join in the campuswide celebration.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to share the full list of events and giveaways with students.