February 13, 2017
Mortar Board Week 2017
Mortar Board is a national honor society that recognizes college seniors for distinguished ability and achievement in scholarship, leadership and service. The K-State Mortar Board chapter is a national leader, earning the Golden Torch Award for Excellence for eight consecutive years.
In celebration of the society's success and to promote the pillars of scholarship, leadership and service, Mortar Board will host several events and activities Feb. 13-17:
- Monday, Feb. 13: What is Mortar Board? Find members in the K-State Student Union from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a chance to win prizes. Students interested in learning more about Mortar Board and how to apply are encouraged to attend an informational meeting from 8-9 p.m. today in 201 Leadership Studies Building.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14: We Love Mortar Board! Find members in the K-State Student Union from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a chance to win prizes. If you are studying in Hale Library tonight, you might be in for a yummy surprise!
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Wisdom Wednesday! Kevin Gwinner, dean of the College of Business Administration shares reflections on his career from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 4061 of the College of Business Administration building.
- Thursday, Feb. 16: Trivia Night! An evening of free trivia, food and prizes will be from 6:30-8 p.m. in Town Hall at the Leadership Studies Building.
- Friday, Feb. 17: Spot a Mortar Board Member! Find a Mortar Board member and upload a photo to social media with #MOBOWEEK17 to win prizes.
Mortar Board is accepting applications for its 2017-2018 class. Applications are due Friday, Feb. 17.