January 21, 2015
University climate survey awards; final report presentation
Submitted by Ruth Dyer and Tom Vontz
The random drawing for the University Climate Survey awards was completed in early December 2014, and all of the recipients received notification of their awards prior to the holiday break. There was a total of 123 awards given: 61 to students and 62 to faculty and staff.
We greatly appreciate everyone's participation in the survey. The final participation rates were:
- Total university — 24 percent
- Undergraduate students — 20 percent
- Graduate students — 19 percent
- Faculty — 49 percent
- Staff — 49 percent
- Administrators — 55 percent
These are outstanding participation rates, and we are looking forward to the presentation of the results of the survey by our consultant, Dr. Susan Rankin.
Dr. Rankin will be back on our campus April 28-29, and she will present the results of the survey in two town hall style meetings on April 29. The schedules for those two meetings are:
- Town Hall meeting I is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 29 in the Hemisphere Room, Hale Library.
- Town Hall meeting II is from 2-3:30 p.m. April 29 in the Little Theatre, K-State Union.
We are eager to learn the results from the survey, review them as a campus community over the summer and develop action plans this fall. We hope you will be able to join us for one of the meetings.
Ruth Dyer and Tom Vontz, co-chairs, University Climate Survey Committee