November 13, 2014
Housing and Dining Services staff present, receive awards at regional conference
Kansas State University was well represented by Housing and Dining Services staff at the Upper Midwest Region-Association of College and University Housing Officers annual conference, which took place Nov. 5-7 in Coralville, Iowa.
The conference, now in its 45th year, was hosted by the University of Iowa and featured numerous K-State presenters and award recipients. Housing and Dining Services recognizes each for a job well done, with special congratulations to Christina Hurtado, area coordinator for student development, who began her term as the association's president. She will lead until October 2015.
• "Left Behind: What Happens When Your Supervisor Leaves," presented by Nicole Meulemans, assistant coordinator for apartment living, and Theresa Luensmann, assistant residence life coordinator.
• "Navigating Institutional Culture: Take the Wheel of Your Search," presented by Andrew Beck, assistant coordinator for departmental initiatives, and Alyssa Lipsiea, graduate assistant at the University of Iowa
• "Co-Authoring Stories of Inclusion," presented by Christina Hurtado, area coordinator for student development, and Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator.
• "700 Days of Stories," presented by assistant residence life coordinators Samantha Hyland, Cal Boren and Jamie Herrygers.
• "Balancing Family Life and Your Work: A Round Table," presented by Nick Lander, assistant director for residence life.
Staff receiving recognition include:
• Outstanding New Professional-Masters Level: Brooks Hetle, residence life coordinator
• Support Staff Recognition Award: Kramer Dining Center staff
• Frank J. Traver President's Scholarship: Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator
• Case Study Competition winner: Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator
• Research Grant recipient: Kevin Cook, assistant director for departmental initiatives