August 20, 2014
Fall 2014 Osher Lifelong Learning catalog is now available
The fall 2014 Osher Lifelong Learning catalog is now available.
This program offers enrichment short courses and special events specially developed for people 50 and older. No homework. No test. No pressure. It's learning for the joy of it! For more information about classes in Manhattan call UFM Coummunity Learning Center at 785-539-8763 or visit online.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Kansas partners with Kansas State University to offer this program in Manhattan. The Manhattan program is organized by UFM Community Learning Center.
Osher Institute's fall 2014 courses in Manhattan include:
- Civil War Battles in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas;
- The War for America, 1775–1783;
- Arlington National Cemetery: Its History and Its Heroes;
- Conserving Our Natural World;
- Coronado in Old Quivira
Osher Institute's fall 2014 special events in Manhattan include:
- Day on the Flying W Ranch in the Flint Hills, Sept. 19
- Cats: Behind the Scenes, Sept. 28
- Kansas at the Crossroads: The Future of Energy and Water Resources, Oct. 14
- Tom Averill and A Carol Dickens Christmas, Dec. 9