Graduate Admissions: International Students
The directions on this page are for international students.
If you are a citizen of the United States or if you have have Permanent Resident status, please follow this link: Graduate Admissions for Residents.
The application process for admission to the graduate school is entirely online. The documents you will need to upload are described below. All application materials should be uploaded to the online application. Do not send documents to the department by postal mail. If you have any questions, please email the Statistics Department at email@example.com.
Access the online application.
Application fee and application submission deadlines
- Application fees are non-refundable
- After completing the online application and uploading all supplemental documents, the applicant can pay the application fee by credit card..
If you are applying for fall (August) enrollment, completed applications must be submitted on-line no later than January 8. We will begin offering assistantships early in the spring term and will continue until positions are filled.
If you are applying for spring (January) enrollment, completed applications must be submitted on-line no later than August 1. Keep in mind that few, if any, assistantships are available beginning in the spring semester. We do not recommend spring admissions due to the nature of sequential classes, with the first part being offered only in the fall.
Submit required supplemental documents
All supplemental documents required by the Statistics Department (e.g., Affidavit of Financial Support, English proficiency scores, statement of objectives, electronic copies of transcripts (PDF preferred), letters of recommendation) will be requested as you fill out the online application.
Affidavit of Financial Support
On the financial affidavit page of the online application, applicants are now prompted with a series of questions and based on how they answer, they will be prompted to upload the appropriate documents, if needed. If an applicant is prompted to upload the Affidavit of Support form and supporting bank documents, they must use the Affidavit of Financial Support form for the Manhattan campus. We will not be able to proceed with an application until the Affidavit of Financial Support is received. Make sure Sections 2 and 3 of the affidavit are filled out and signed as required by the instructions provided on the form. Failure to provide this document could result in admission being delayed. This document should be uploaded to your online application for admission. Click on the link to learn more about Affidavit of Financial Support form and to down load the form.
If applicants do not have funding for their period of study, they will not be prompted to complete the Affidavit of Financial Support form.
- You must upload an electronic copy (PDF preferred) of transcript(s) from each college or university where you received your bachelor's degree(s) and completed any post-baccalaureate course work or degrees. Transcripts become part of your records at Kansas State University and can not be returned.
- Students whose transcripts are not in English must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- If you are admitted, you will be required to submit an official transcript for GPA and degree conferral verification from the institution(s) where you received your degree(s) and completed any post-baccalaureate credits
- Failure to list any colleges or universities attended may result in dismissal from the university.
English Proficiency Requirements
To demonstrate competence in the English language, an official report of scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System-academic exam (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) must be sent to Kansas State University for all applicants whose native language is not English and reported on your Graduate School application.
For the TOEFL test, the code for Kansas State University is 6334, the code for the Statistics Department is 59. The IELTS and the PTE do not use codes; select Kansas State University, Graduate School. Please upload a copy of your official score report to your online application.
In addition, to be considered for an assistantship, Kansas law requires a minimum score of 22 on the speaking portion of the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT). For those already at Kansas State, a score of 50 or above on the SPEAK test, offered by appointment through the KSU English Language Program, may be substituted OR a minimum score of 7 in the speak portion of the IELTS test. For the TOEFL test, the University code is 6334, the Statistics Department code is 59. Please upload a copy of your official score report to your online application.
Please refer to this link for complete and detailed information regarding English proficiency requirements.
Application for assistantship
If you wish to be considered for an assistantship, print and fill out an Application for Assistantship form (pdf) and upload the form to your online application.
Statement of objectives
Please upload a copy of your statement of objectives. Write a personal statement of your academic objectives, giving specific reasons for the selection of your field of study, contemplated research areas and professional plans. In addition, the statement can also mention one or more KSU faculty you have an interest in working with.
Letters of recommendation
- Provide three references
- Recommenders will upload their letters of recommendation directly to your application.
- Letters of recommendation can be tracked by students online. Click Review Your Activity to display the names of your recommenders. You can edit recommenders, send reminders and see where each recommender is in the process. Please remember to hit "submit recommendation request" on the application to insure that your recommenders are notified.
In order to help evaluate your abilities to succeed in our program, we highly recommend GRE scores be submitted; however they are not required. If you submit GRE scores and have taken the GRE more than once, upload your most recent scores. The GRE code for Kansas State University is 6334, the code for the Statistics Department is 0705.