Pets and Assistance Animals

Pets are not permitted in academic or research laboratories. Assistance animals may only be permitted in laboratories following registration as a service animal with the Student Access Center and after EHS reviews the laboratory to determine if the animal’s presence presents a hazard or could interfere with the research activities of others. Additional entities may be consulted by EHS when considering if the service animal’s safety and welfare is jeopardized. Certain food laboratories and other settings may have additional restrictions.

See PPM 7840.100 Control of Animals on Kansas State University Property and the Student Access Center Service Animal webpage.