Senior Front-End Developer
The Office of Educational Innovation (OEIE) is looking for an experienced front-end web developer to help propel our efforts to the next level. As a part of the integrated technology arm of OEIE, you will primarily work on an application called PEARS with a highly skilled team web developers, support and QA experts, and evaluators.
The back-end of PEARS is built in Python using the Django framework. The front-end is mostly JQuery, but efforts are underway to adopt Vue.js and leverage related tools. As senior front-end developer, you would help spearhead this transition by:
- Setting up build tools like Webpack, Gulp, LESS/Sass, etc. and training teammates on best practices.
- Continuing to refine our UI/UX and exploring new tools and patterns.
- Help steer technical innovation and be an advocate for front-end development best practices and application organization.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience setting up a build chain using tools like Wepack, Gulp and LESS/Sass.
- Experience building complex front-end systems using Vue.js, React, or Angular.
We are a highly collaborative team that enjoys tackling complex problems while continuing to impress our clients. Please review our vision, mission and core values before applying.
Why Join Us?
OEIE is a fast-paced and growing office in the College of Education at Kansas State University. OEIE provides technical assistance and capacity building services in evaluation and program development to various state and federal agencies, universities, foundations, and businesses.
As part of these efforts, we developed the Program Evaluation and Reporting System (PEARS) to streamline data management and evaluation efforts of K-State Extension and nutrition education programs. Since 2016, the program has been adopted in 27 additional states in the U.S. (and growing)! The team has recently received a national award for Excellence in Extension Evaluation from AEA and an Award for Innovation from NETC.
Benefits to working for OEIE include:
- Very competitive health, leave, and retirement plans, plus other K-State Employee Benefits.
- Sit/stand desk in your own office.
- New Macbook Pro and the tools you need to succeed.
- Annual conference trip (dependent on funding).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of relevant experience. (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a front-end developer
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Experience building applications with RESTful Services/APIs
- Experience with and understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience working with LESS and/or Sass
- Experience building applications with a responsive design
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written, being detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Deep experience with Vue.js and Vuex
- Skilled at wireframing and prototyping new features
- Experience building applications with the Bootstrap component library
- Experience working with a back-end framework such as Django, Laravel, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience with Interaction Design (IxD)
- Experience with Typescript
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
$55,680 - $89,090
Term 12-month appointment contingent upon continued availability of funding and the need for these services.
Apply for the Senior Front-End Developer position at K-State Careers. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.