Modern Languages - Chinese
Chinese is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. Nearly 1.3 billion people speak Chinese as their first language. Mandarin, or referred to as Putonghua, is a standardized form of spoken Chinese. It is the official language of the People's Republic of China, and also one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
Language Partner Activity
The Chinese language program holds Language Partner Activity every year. The goal of the Language Partner Activity is to promote meaningful communication between American and Chinese students and to encourage interchanges between the two language and cultures. In the meantime, Chinese students can also practice English language skills, learn more about American culture, and make more friends.
Please check the instructions to declare the minor, GPA requirements, study abroad, how to graduate with the minor, how graduate with the minor after you have completed your BA or BS. K-State Chinese Course Catalog is available here.
18 hours of Chinese courses at the 200-level or above.
- CHINE300. Chinese III. (5) I. Continuation of Chinese II. Further development of functional skills. Intensive practice of spoken and written Chinese. Pr.: CHINE102.
- CHINE301. Chinese IV. (5) II. Continuation of Chinese III. Presentation of more advanced elements of the Chinese language, with intensive practice of spoken and written Chinese. Pr.: CHINE300.
- CHINE501. Chinese V. (4) Development of communication skills through application activities. Enhancement of vocabulary and intensive practice in grammatical structures and their usage. Pr.: CHINE301 or equiv.
- CHINE502. Chinese VI. (4) Continuation of Chinese V. Development of functional skills for general situations. Further enhancement of vocabulary and intensive practice in grammatical structures and their usages. Pr.: CHINE501 or equiv.
- CHINE599. Special Studies in Chinese. (Var.) Pr.: Consent of department head and instructor.