An intercultural leadership experience
Join all new and first-year K-State students for a night of meaningful dialogue and building connections.
What you’ll do:
- Learn how to create communities of belonging
- Build cross-cultural relationships through meaningful dialogue
- Engage in active listening, empathy and perspective-taking
- Build your skillset to understand cultural differences and similarities
How you’ll use it later:
- Recognize the ways in which your cultural and social identities make an impact on how you see and experience the world.
- Recognize the ways in which others’ cultural and social identities differ from your own and how they see and experience the world differently, like you.
- Demonstrate authentic curiosity and empathy when engaging in meaningful dialogues across difference.
- Identify tangible action steps you can take to create a community of belonging for all at K-State.
Fall 2022 Event
Wildcat Dialogues will take place 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1. (If you need to attend a virtual session later in the week due to health concerns or scheduling conflicts, please indicate it on the RSVP form.)
In addition to participants, we are seeking facilitators. Want to help lead a small group through dialogue at the event? Students, faculty and staff are invited to facilitate small groups.
Sign up to be a Wildcat Dialogues facilitator
Read the FAQs or email Mariya Vaughn at email@example.com or Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View photos from the 2019 event on Facebook.