An intercultural leadership experience
Join all new and first-year K-State students for a night of meaningful dialogue and building connections.
What you’ll do:
- Learn how to create communities of belonging
- Build cross-cultural relationships through meaningful dialogue
- Engage in active listening, empathy and perspective-taking
- Build your skillset to understand cultural differences and similarities
How you’ll use it later:
- Recognize the ways in which your cultural and social identities make an impact on how you see and experience the world.
- Recognize the ways in which others’ cultural and social identities differ from your own and how they see and experience the world differently, like you.
- Demonstrate authentic curiosity and empathy when engaging in meaningful dialogues across difference.
- Identify tangible action steps you can take to create a community of belonging for all at K-State.
Fall 2021 Virtual Events
The 2021 Wildcat Dialogues will take place virtually and include multiple opportunities to attend. Participants can select the date that best fits their schedule. RSVP required by Wednesday, Sept. 8.
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13
- 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15
- 2:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16
Registrants will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link and their session facilitator. See who’s going on Facebook.
Small group facilitators needed
Students, faculty, and staff are invited to serve as small group facilitators at the event. RSVP here (training and additional details also provided).
View photos from the 2019 event on Facebook.