Welcome to IT at K-State: Access
eIDs and eID passwords
Your eID is your electronic identity at K-State. It’s used to access many IT resources like webmail, KSIS, HRIS, the wireless network, Canvas, and more.
Your email address
Your eID is also part of your email address:
- eID@k-state.edu or eID@ksu.edu
The university sends official correspondence to K-Staters via their primary email addresses with the full expectation that communications will be received and read in a timely fashion.
- K-State policy prohibits sharing eID passwords.
- The security of your eID is your responsibility!
The eProfile is where K-Staters can do the following and more:
- Manage their online identity
- Change their password
- Sign up for alerts
- Set up email forwarding
Designated access for parents and guardians
K-State students can grant others access to their financial information in KSIS, the student information system. See the Designated Access page for more information.
Office 365 email and calendar
Office 365 is K-State's collaboration service for all students and employees that integrates email, calendaring, notes, and task management. It can be accessed from any web browser webmail.k-state.edu. See the Office 365 website for more information.
Your Connect interactive dashboard provides one-stop access to popular K-State services, including:
- Office 365 — Central webmail and calendar services.
- eProfile — Set your contact information, change your eID password, set K-State Alerts, and more.
- Canvas — An learning management system for on-campus and distance students with customized courses, course schedules, etc.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) — Employees can view paycheck, leave balances, benefit summaries, total compensation, and training summaries.
Networks and wireless
K-State's high-speed data network allows access from residence-hall rooms, the K-State Student Union, the library, university computing labs, technology classrooms, and many locations with wireless support.
Kansas State University provides wireless data network services for K-State students, faculty, staff, and guests. Read the Wireless Local Area Network Policy governing wireless computing at K-State. The wireless configuration tool requires an eID/password.
- KSU Wireless — For all K-Staters. Students and employees sign in (with eID/password) to access protected campus resources, including the KSIS student information system, HRIS, Canvas, webmail, etc.
- KSU Housing — For residence halls and Jardine Apartments
- KSU Guest — Unsecured internet access. For use by campus visitors. KSU Guest has no security and does not require an eID/password.
K-Staters are prohibited from operating wireless access points on the K-State network or on K-State property, which includes the residence halls.
Virtual private network (VPN)
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the technology that allows K-State faculty, staff, and students with active eIDs to gain access to campus resources from off-campus in a secure manner over the Internet. See the Virtual Private Networking page for more information.
Physical network connections (Ethernet)
Physical network connections use an Ethernet computer card and an Ethernet cable or CAT5 cable connection. These allow direct connections to the Internet from campus buildings, offices, and residence halls.
Residence-hall Internet access
Residence-hall Internet access through the KSU Housing wireless network is included in housing fees. Wired Ethernet access is also available in each residence. The ResNet Help Desk in Housing and Dining Services can help residents with connection issues and general computer problems.
eduroam is a secure, international roaming service that allows users access to a wireless network at an eduroam-enabled institution using their credentials from their home institution. Learn more.
Information Technology Policies
K-State has rules and regulations that govern the use of IT at K-State. Learn what's allowed and not allowed on the Policies website.
Employee Self Service/HRIS
View paycheck, leave balances, personal information, life insurance options, update tax forms, enroll in training, and more on HRIS.