1. Apply for GSC Travel Award
2. Monthly application review
- After each application deadline, applicants will be ranked by points awarded per criteria. Awards will be made beginning with the highest ranked applications.
- Due to the limited amount of funding, time of application submission will be used as the final evaluation criteria for students with the same point values.
3. Notification of award recipients
- No more than 10 days after the application submission deadline, travel award recipients will be notified of their award amount via email and a list of award recipients will be posted online.
- Due to the limited availability of funds and the competitive nature of the awards, it is likely that some applicants will not receive funding. Applicants not awarded funds will be notified via email.
4. Travel occurs
5. Submit reimbursement materials
- Submit reimbursement information no later than 30 days after the last date of travel.
6. Receive reimbursement funds
- Allow 2-3 weeks to receive reimbursement check after turning in reimbursement information.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed to the address provided on the W-9 form.
- Reimbursements for GRAs, GTAs, GAs and other university employees enrolled in direct deposit will be paid via direct deposit rather than check.
- If the travel award recipient is not able to pay for his travel upfront, many departments are willing to cover recipient's travel expenses up to the amount of awarded funds prior to the travel and get reimbursed directly by the GSC after the travel. Please contact your department office or Shannon Fox for more information about this arrangement.