Alvin and RosaLee Sarachek Predoctoral Honors Fellowship Molecular Biology
The Sarachek Predoctoral Honors Fellowship provides an award of $17,600 to a graduate student enrolled in a PhD program at Kansas State University. The award is intended to recognize exceptional achievement in scholastics and research. Students must show evidence of effective communication of research results through publications in leading journals and presentations at national and international meetings.
Note: Travel awards will not be presented in 2021.
In order to be eligible, a student must have completed preliminary exams, been admitted to candidacy, and their research must rely significantly on one or more contemporary molecular biological techniques. Previous fellowship recipients are not eligible to apply for the fellowship a second time or to apply for a travel award. Previous travel award winners may apply for the fellowship but not for a second travel award.
Students may nominate themselves or nominations may be submitted by K-State faculty.
Nomination Deadline: March 2, 2021
Submit the materials listed below as a single Word or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form (Word or PDF)
- Curriculum vita
- Vita should include academic history, publications, presentations, awards and honors, professional service, and professional experience.
- K-State transcript or copy of academic history from KSIS
- Two letters of recommendation
- The student’s major professor and one additional K-State faculty member who is familiar with the student’s research should submit letters of recommendation. Please do not submit more than two letters.
- Those providing support letters are asked to comment on the suitability of candidate. The letters should summarize the student’s qualifications, highlight exceptional achievements, describe potential as a scientist, and indicate why the student deserves the fellowship.
- Letters should be limited to two pages and submitted as a PDF either by the faculty member or as part of the application packet via email to email@example.com.
Selection of Recipients
Recipients will be selected by an inter-disciplinary committee of research faculty. Funds shall be awarded without restriction to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or receipt of financial aid or other awards.
Use of Awards
Fellowship funds may be expended at the recipient’s discretion for his or her dissertation, future research, travel, planning postdoctoral moves, or other purposes. The fellowship is not intended to provide funds for current research, but is instead intended to assist with the recipient’s transition to the next stage of his or her career beyond the Ph.D.
Please direct questions about the Sarachek Fellowship to firstname.lastname@example.org.