PDF Conversion - Word 2013
The text of your thesis, dissertation, or report must be submitted in the Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). There are several ways to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF, but we recommend the following steps:
- Open your file in Word.
- Click File.
- Select where you want to save your file (SkyDrive, Computer).
- Click Save As.
- In the File name input box, enter the filename in this format: FirstnameLastnameGraduationyear. For example: WillieWildcat2021
- In the Save as type menu, select PDF.
- Click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, make these selections:
- Page range: All
- Publish what: Document
- Include non-printing information:
- Create bookmarks using
- Document structure tags for accessibility
- PDF Options:
- Masters students - no selections
- Doctoral students - Select ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A).
- Document Properties
- Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded
- Encrypt the document with a password
The PDF conversion process may take a few minutes. When completed, check your PDF file carefully to make sure all text, tables, and figures are rendered correctly. If you see any problems, contact the IT Help Desk.