Kansas State University is maintaining limited operation status based on the latest guidance from the CDC and KDHE. As a public health precautionary measure, K-State Purchasing will not hold any public bid openings until further notice. Bid tabulations will be available after the release of a purchase order or the contract is finalized. To request a bid tabulation, email the desired bid quotation number to email@example.com.
Effective July 10, 2020, all suppliers performing services on Kansas State University properties must adhere to the University health and safety guidelines.
We appreciate the work suppliers do for K-State and their participation in our bid process. This page contains all pertinent information needed by suppliers. The links below will direct you to various forms and provide essential details that will assist in completing K-State's bidding requirements. If any additional information or help is needed, contact the Purchasing office.
- As a custodian of public funds, the University adheres to fair and open competition practices that are governed by State law, University policy, and good administrative practice.
- All open bid opportunities are posted on our Solicitations site. Suppliers are responsible for periodically checking the site. At this time, we do not have an automated contact system.
- Bids must be uploaded to the Vendor Bid Submission Secure File Upload Portal prior to 2 p.m. CT on the closing date. Bids submitted via any other method will not be considered.
- Cone of Silence
- The Cone of Silence prohibits any supplier communication regarding a bid solicitation after the Request for Bidding has been submitted to the K-State Purchasing office. This Cone of Silence is designed to protect the professional integrity of the procurement process by shielding it from undue influences prior to the recommendation of award.
- Suppliers are to email all questions regarding the bid solicitation to the K-State Purchasing office, firstname.lastname@example.org. All supplier questions received by the deadline specified in the bid solicitation will be forwarded to the department contact. The department's answers will be published in the form of a bid addendum on the K-State Purchasing Solicitations site. Should any unauthorized communication occur between University personnel and a potential supplier, that supplier's bid may be disqualified or the entire bid process cancelled.
- The Cone of Silence is terminated once a purchase order has been released, a contract has been fully executed or all bids have been rejected.
- Bids must be legible and properly signed. If a signed K-State bid form is not submitted, the bid will not receive consideration.
- Bids must be uploaded to the Vendor Bid Submission Secure File Upload Portal prior to 2 p.m. CT on the closing date. Bids received after 2 p.m. will not receive consideration.
- All prices shall be in U.S. Dollars.
- All prices, terms and conditions must be shown.
- The University is exempt from state sales or use taxes and federal excise taxes for direct purchases. These taxes must not be included in price quotations.
- In the case of error in computations or totals, the unit price shall govern.
- All suppliers are required to show shipping/freight as a separate line item on the bid quote and invoices. Ordered items must be shipped FOB Destination with all applicable freight, handling, insurance and custom charges paid by the supplier.
- A bid may be modified by emailing email@example.com any time prior to the bid closing.
- A bid may be withdrawn by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org any time prior to the bid closing.
- Awards are typically made to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder meeting the bid specifications.
- Consideration may focus toward but is not limited to:
- Conformity to specifications
- Quality and performance of the products or services being requested
- Delivery / completion time
- Adequacy and completeness of bid
- Supplier's understanding of the project
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of the bid solicitation
- Experience in providing like products or services
- Qualified staff
- Consideration may focus toward but is not limited to:
- The University reserves the right to award to more than one supplier, unless the supplier specifies otherwise in the submitted bid.
- Where more than one item is specified in the bid solicitation, the University reserves the right to determine the low bid on the basis of individual items, systems, or on the basis of all items included in the bid solicitation.
- All bids become the property of the University once submitted. The Kansas Open Records Act (K.S.A. 45-215 et seq.) requires public information be placed in the public domain at the conclusion of the selection process and be available for examination by all interested parties. Information in bid files will not be released until a bid has been awarded or all proposals have been rejected.
- General Accounting's Vendoring page – Secure portal in which to submit W-9s, W-8BENs, W-8BEN-Es, 8233s and Authorizations for Electronic Deposit.
- Order confirmations and invoices must be sent to the end-using department. Consult your purchase order or visit https://www.k-state.edu/directories/academic.html for department contact information.
- Kansas statute requires any business or individual bidding on state contracts or participating in a contract renewal to submit an approved Certificate of Tax Clearance.
- To request the University's Kansas Sales and Use Tax Exemption certificate, email email@example.com
- Suppliers must observe campus parking rules and regulations at all times. No properly issued citation will be waived. It will be the responsibility of the supplier to purchase parking permits and ensure that personnel display the permits appropriately while on university property.
- Any entity wishing to use the University's trademarks or verbiage must be licensed by K-State Trademark Licensing.
- State of Kansas eSupplier Public Portal
- Bid Opportunities - Other Kansas universities
- Bond Information – Details about bonds required by K-State for certain projects
- K-State Athletics Facility Projects – K-State Athletics Facility Projects
- State of Kansas Department of Facilities Solicitations – Where some K-State construction projects are posted
Notice of NondiscriminationKansas State University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, or veteran status, in the university's programs and activities as required by applicable laws and regulations. The person designated with responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning the nondiscrimination policy is the university's Title IX Coordinator: the Director of the Office of Institutional Equity, firstname.lastname@example.org, 103 Edwards Hall, 1810 Kerr Drive, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-4801. Telephone: 785-532-6220 | TTY or TRS: 711. The campus ADA Coordinator is the Director of Employee Relations and Engagement, who may be reached at email@example.com or 103 Edwards Hall, 1810 Kerr Drive, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-4801, 785-532-6277 and TTY or TRS 711.Revised Aug. 29, 2017