- K-State home
- Services in the Division of Communications and Marketing
- DCM units and process
DCM units and processes
Learn more about working with units in our department and the timelines for requested projects.
Creative Services provides print and digital design services, marketing copywriting and photography in support of goals related to student recruitment and retention, external advertising, general promotion and other key areas. To request assistance with a design project, please contact your dedicated marketing services staff member.
Although each project is unique and some can require custom steps or timelines, our office strives to maintain a consistent and high-quality approach to every project we produce.
To best serve our clients and successfully field the large number of creative project requests our office receives, Creative Services is committed to efficient project workflows. This requires a consistent approach to the process of developing, designing, proofing and revising all creative projects produced by our office.
Projects fall into five-, eight- and 12-week cycles depending on their overall scope and factors. This includes time for printing and delivery.
Policies and costs
If your project requires a custom timeline outside of our typical cycles, our team will work with you to accommodate your needs.
The proofing and revision process of your project’s production will include three proofs for your review.
- The first and second proofs are for you to review and request revisions to the project.
- The final proof is for approval. Changes at this stage should only be minor issues, such as accuracy and grammar. Significant stylistic or content changes at this stage may result in a delayed delivery date.
- Any proofs requested beyond this standard are subject to a potential $250 charge per proof and may require an adjustment to the project timeline.
If you are after high-resolution, professional photography to support your marketing efforts, our photography staff can work with you to assist.
- You may access our extensive photo library to download what you need.
- Can't find what you need? Send us a request through our photography request form.
- Photo services are free to university entities, but requests are subject to photographer availability and/or vice president approval.
Marketing Services staff serve as marketing counsel and project managers for Division services. Each university division/college/department/unit is assigned a dedicated point of contact in the Marketing Services unit who will:
- listen to your marketing needs
- brainstorm and collaborate with you on marketing solutions
- connect you to appropriate division staff and resources
- help you build marketing strategies that are both measurable and effective
- assist in building dynamic, effective marketing content
To request assistance with marketing strategies or Division projects, please contact your dedicated marketing staff member.
News and Communications Services staff members work daily with the campus community to publicize all aspects of the university through media outlets and the university's website, RSS feeds, social media and email lists. Our staff also work closely with the Office of the Vice President for Research on Seek, the university's flagship research magazine.
Video production services offers design, animation, in-studio and on-location standard and high-definition video production, audio, technical engineering, multimedia, satellite uplink and CD/DVD distribution.
If you are interested in a produced video that is part of your greater overall marketing strategy, our video production staff can work with you.
- Please submit your ideas through our produced video request form.
- All video requests are subject to vice president approval.
- Produced videos are free of charge until the project reaches $250 in out-of-pocket expenses; once that point is reached, all out-of-pocket expenses will be charged back.
- Estimates will be provided before any chargebacks occur.
- For event/lecture capture and streaming services reservations, please complete our online form or call 532-3141.
- We will work with you to determine the appropriate resources for your project and refer the project to the appropriate video production unit(s) for action.
Your website is an important tool in your marketing and communications efforts, and our staff can ensure your website is user-friendly and accessible for all of the audiences you serve.
- If you're looking to overhaul your website or create a new website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your dedicated marketing services staff member.
- All website requests are subject to vice president approval.
- If you need general assistance with the content management system, please review our library of CMS help documentation or contact email@example.com.