Internships and Co-Ops
- Explore and clarify career interests.
- Foster personal and professional growth while developing a professional network.
- Build upon classroom knowledge while improving transferable skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork and technology.
Paid or unpaid work in a field directly related to the student's area of study. Usually one semester or summer term.
Extended (usually two semesters) full-time paid internship.
Find & Succeed in an Internship/Co-Op
- Handshake account: Search internship and co-op postings for K-State students and alumni.
- Internship, co-op, or summer jobs websites
- Helpful websites for jobs related to career fields, geographic area, specific demographics, etc.
The Career Center's professional advising staff are available to assist students with resume development, interview skills, job search, or other career-related topics. Appointments available year-round.
Job Posting Disclaimer
Information on job listings in your Handshake account.
Other Types of Experiential Learning
- Volunteering/Service learning
- Part-time jobs
- Job shadowing
- International experiences
- Student organizations/leadership