Find part-time positions on the K-State campus as well as in the Manhattan, Salina, and surrounding communities. New K-State students can access their Handshake account approximately one week after enrolling for classes starting mid-June.
Caution: Job Scams
Need help finding a part-time job?
Stop by The Studio to get assistance from our peer career specialists.
Tips for finding a part-time job
Learn how and where to look for part-time employment while at K-State.
To work or not to work?
The multiple demands of classes, activities, and work can be stressful. Consider the following tips:
- Explore opportunities for exposure and experience in a career interest area.
- Begin with fewer hours to allow adjustment to college and a new schedule.
- Put academics first and commit to work hours you know you can manage.
- Seek positions that will build references and professional contacts.
- Seek employers who offer flexible hours and will support your commitment to your academics.
Where to look for a part-time job
Find openings on-campus and in the community by activating your Handshake account. Visit the Office of Financial Student Assistance to learn more about responding to federal work study awarded to you.
Each K-State department manages its own hiring. If you are interested in working in a certain department, contact that department directly to learn about potential opportunities. You may also want to consider applying directly with some of the largest on-campus employers:
- Housing and Dining Services has positions for students, staff, receptionists, mail clerks, food service workers, custodians, and painters. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (785) 532-6453.
- Bramlage Coliseum hires students as ushers, ticket takers, security staff, clean-up workers, and stage hands. Stop by the Bramlage office to apply or call (785) 532-7600.
- K-State Student Union employs students in the food court, bookstore, recreation, and maintenance. Call (785) 532-6577 for information.
- Facilities employs students for moving, hauling, and grounds. Apply at 109 Dykstra Hall or call (785) 532-6373.
- Hale Library has positions for general clerical, patron service, computer support, shelving books and reference support. Visit the library's website for further information, a current job listing, and an online application.
- Animal Sciences employs students for Call Hall Dairy Bar, 17 labs and 10 research units. For information about student positions please check for openings on Handshake first, otherwise you can go to the Animal Sciences & Industry webpage for more information.
- Department of Biology Apply at Room 232 Ackert Hall or call (785) 532-6615.
- Department of Agronomy hires 100 student employees (lab workers, mowing, painting, and field work). Applications available in Room 2004 Throckmorton Hall or call (785) 532-6101.
- Information Technology Services employs students as office assistants, help desk staff, application developers, and other technology positions. Visit IT's website for additional information.
Learn more about community, convenience, compensation and competencies you can gain through on-campus jobs through the stories of our Student Employee of the Year award winners!
K-State students also find employment in a wide variety of organizations in the greater Manhattan, Kansas area. Some places to consider include:
- Discount and grocery stores
- Manhattan Town Center
- Businesses in Aggieville and the Downtown Business District
- Child care organizations
- Convenience shops
- Medical offices
- Insurance companies
- Landscaping and construction