Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources
Career-related resources for international students, individuals with disabilities, students of color and LGBTQ students.
In celebration of K-State's observance of MLK Jr. Week, we have put together a series of videos to help students understand how to identify workplace culture. These videos highlight considerations for, and review available resources to, students of color, students with disabilities, international students, LatinX students, LGBTQ+ students, veteran and military students, allies, and a conversation regarding intersectionalities.
General Diversity-Related Resources
Note: Mentions of "campus resources" on these pages do not refer to K-State campus resources.
Individuals with Disabilities
- K-State Student Access Center: resource for all K-State students with temporary and permanent disabilities
- Ability Links: job search site for people with disabilities
- Disability:IN Greater Kansas City: Kansas City job search site and more
- Gettinghired.com: job search site for individuals and veterans with disabilities
- Kansas Employability: resource for individuals with a disability who are searching for employment in the state of Kansas
- National Organization on Disability: see a list of companies who have the Leading Disability Employer Seal
- Our Ability: connecting individuals with disabilities to jobs using technology
- RespectAbility: non-profit with a mission to fight stigmas and advance opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- The Valuable 500: Companies committed to putting disability inclusion on their business leadership agenda
- What Can You Do Campaign: resource on The Campaign for Disability Employment
- Workforce Recruitment Program: resource which connects individuals with disabilities to federal sector jobs
Workplace Accommodations and Disclosing a Disability
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN): resource about employment accommodation
- FAQs about Disclosure (PDF): resource for frequently asked questions about disclosing a disability
- Disclosure Options for Employment (PDF) timing and options regarding disclosure to employers
- Disclosing a Disability: resource from the Department of Labor's recommendations about disclosing disabilities
- K-State International Student and Scholar Services
- GoinGlobal (students may log in with their eID and password)
- US Department of Labor H1B Disclosure Information
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- International Students and Social Security (PDF)
- My Visa Jobs
- K-State LGBT Resource Center
- Out & Equal: Workplace Equality Fact Sheet, "Out at Work" Video Series and LGBT Terminology
- LGBT Map: Equality profiles for each state focusing on state laws concerning employment, housing, public accommodations, state employees, etc.
- Human Rights Campaign: See the Corporate Equality Index and "Coming Out at Work" Self-Reflection Questions
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: Learn about Title VII protections, Employment Discrimination and Past Legal Decisions
- TransEquality: Map allowing users to get information for the process of changing their legal name and/or gender for specific states on state and federal IDs.
- What should I wear to my interview? Recent article discussing gender neutral interview and business clothing.
- Do I list my LGBT club/organization involvement/activism? See amazing examples of including (or not including) such experiences on a resume. Also great sections on using your preferred name, choosing professional attire, coming out in an interview, and evaluating employer culture and fit.