Diversity and multicultural resources
Career-related resources for international students, individuals with disabilities, students of color and LGBTQ students.
General Diversity-Related Resources
Note: Mentions of "campus resources" on these pages do not refer to K-State campus resources.
Individuals with Disabilities
- K-State Student Access Center: resource for all K-State students with temporary and permanent disabilities
- What Can You Do Campaign: resource on The Campaign for Disability Employment
- Kansas Employability: resource for individuals with a disability who are searching for employment in the state of Kansas
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities: resource on COSD (a professional association that strives to improve the employment create of individuals with disabilities)
- Workforce Recruitment Program: resource which connects individuals with disabilities to federal sector jobs
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN): resource about employment accommodation
- Gettinghired.com: job search site for individuals and veterans with disabilities
Disclosure Information - resources for disclosing a disability
- FAQs about Disclosure (PDF): resource for frequently asked questions about disclosing a disability
- Disclosure Options for Employment (PDF) timing and options regarding disclosure to employers
- Disclosing a Disability: resource from the Department of Labor's recommendations about disclosing disabilities
- Disclosure Issues: resource about disclosing a mental illness
- K-State International Student and Scholar Services
- GoinGlobal (students may log in with their eID and password)
- US Department of Labor H1B Disclosure Information
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- International Students and Social Security (PDF)
- My Visa Jobs
- K-State LGBT Resource Center
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index
- Out & Equal
- 2017 Workplace Equality Fact Sheet
- "Out at Work" Video Series
- LGBT Terminology
- LGBT Map
- Equality profiles for each state focusing on state laws concerning employment, housing, public accommodations, state employees, etc.
- Human Rights Campaign
- Corporate Equality Index: rates companies on LGBTQ Equality
- "Coming Out at Work" Self-Reflection Questions
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Title VII protections
- Employment Discrimination
- Past Legal Decisions
- TransEquality: Map allowing users to get information for the process of changing their legal name and/or gender for specific states on state and federal IDs. Also includes outside, state-specific resources.
- What should I wear to my interview? Recent article discussing gender neutral interview and business clothing.
- Do I list my LGBT club/organization involvement/activism?
- Amazing examples of including (or not including) such experiences on a resume. It is amazing to see how the same experience can be written two different ways, without misrepresenting or undervaluing the student's experience.
- Also great sections on using your preferred name, choosing professional attire, coming out in an interview, and evaluating employer culture and fit.