If a survivor needs immediate medical attention, Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan provides 24-hour emergency services. The main phone number is (785) 776-3322.
- For sexual assault forensic exams (rape kits), please contact (785) 323-6880 or visit the Forensic Nursing website for more information and how to schedule an appointment.
If you have been sexually assaulted and want to preserve evidence for a rape kit, here are some ways to do so (if possible):
- Avoid showering or bathing
- Avoid changing clothes and put them into a paper bag
- Avoid urination, bowel movements, or douching
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash
- Do not eat or drink anything
If you have already done any of the things listed above, that is okay. A rape kit can be collected within 96 hours of an assault.
Lafene Health Center is available, by appointment, to all students for confidential supportive health services. Their phone number is (785) 532-6544.
Services at Lafene include:
- Wellness exams
- Pap smears
- STI treatment and testing
- Contraceptive counseling and prescribing
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing, consultation, and referral
- Preconception planning and education
- HPV vaccination
Riley County Health Department offers a variety of programs and services to the K-State community and wider Manhattan community. More information on services can be found here, along with phone number and address.
Services at Riley County Health Department include:
- Access to Plan B
- STI testing
- Bacterial Vaginosis testing
- Yeast infections testing
- Urinary tract infections testing
- Immunizations, including HPV and Hepatitis A/B