CARE Survivor Advocates can help students, staff, and faculty create a safety plan to ensure their safety both on and off-campus. Advocates also conduct lethality assessments to determine immediate threats to safety.
In addition, Survivor Advocates can assist with filing protection orders through the state of Kansas. Learn more about protection orders, or schedule an appointment with a CARE advocate.
If there is a concern for an individual's immediate safety, please call 911.
If an individual ever feels unsafe walking on campus:
- Call Wildcat Walk at (785) 395-SAFE and an escort will meet you and walk you to another on-campus destination or up to two blocks off-campus. If you are driving to campus, you can arrange to be met in your parking lot and be escorted to the residence halls or another location.
- Push one of the blue light emergency buttons found throughout the K-State campus.
- Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Other Resources Available:
- SafeRide through the Center for Student Involvement
- Sign up for K-State Alerts
- Download the Rave Guardian app
- Kansas Protection Order Portal