Advanced standing credit

Kansas state university offers academic credit for prior learning and advanced credit. The following tests are available in many disciplines to excuse students from courses in which they are already proficient.

View the credit for prior learning policy updates.

Receiving credit

View the complete list of courses and test types and learn how exam scores translate into credits.

Search test credit

Search our prior learning database to find how your test credit will transfer.

Search by test

Advanced Placement (AP)

The Advanced Placement tests are given by the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) in May in high schools offering advanced placement courses.

Credit by Exam

  • College Level Examination Program  (CLEP)
  • DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)

International Baccalaureate (IB)

The International Baccalaureate subject test is one way to earn college credit by exam.

Military credit evaluation

K-State utilizes the recommendations provided by “A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services” published by the American Council on Education (ACE) to assess the potential transferability of military credit.