Advanced Placement (AP)

The Advanced Placement tests are given by the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) in May in high schools offering advanced placement courses.

Students who have completed any of the CEEB Advanced Placement tests should have the Educational Testing Service forward an official report of their scores to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions in order to receive credit.

How scores transfer

  • No credit is granted for scores of 2 or 1.
  • Courses are listed as credit only and do not become part of the student's K-State GPA.
  • Minimum test credit scores are set at the state level.
  • The majority of courses require a score of 3 or higher.

See how individual courses are awarded at K-State.

The process

Once K-State receives the student's scores from the CEEB, K-State will send the student a letter of receipt.

The credit will not be reflected on the student's record until the student has enrolled. Students must be degree-seeking for credit to be awarded.