Military credit evaluation
K-State utilizes the recommendations provided by “A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services” published by the American Council on Education (ACE) to assess the potential transferability of military credit.
Documentation needed for evaluation
- Joint service transcript (JST)
- DD-214 or
- DD-295 or
- Certificate copies can be submitted if courses are not listed on the DD-214, DD-295, or AARTS transcript.
- Defense Language Proficiency Test scores
- Positive performance evaluation if dated within the last year – Active military personnel can have their current, primary Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) evaluated.
Credit is not awarded for
- Correspondence courses
- Courses 2 weeks or less
- Vocational credit
- Duplicate credit recommendations
- Military evaluations completed by other colleges
The dean’s office of your academic college will determine which credit may be used toward your degree requirements or will be applied as a general elective.