Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
All K-State students (incoming or current) with documented disabilities are encouraged to apply for Student Access Center (SAC) scholarships. Educational Opportunity Funds and private scholarship funds support scholarships available through SAC. These scholarships are not automatically renewed and students are encouraged to apply each year.
How to Apply
1. Complete and submit an application form each year through the K-State Scholarship Network (KSN). You MUST check the box that reads “I am a student with a disability.”
2. Submit an essay (requirements below) and documentation of your disability (requirements below) directly to the SAC office.
*For assistance with accessing and using KSN, go to https://www.k-state.edu/sfa/aid/scholarships/ksn/.
DEADLINE: The scholarship application, essay, and disability documentation are all due on or before March 31!
An essay including the following information is REQUIRED and MUST be submitted by March 31 :
- Describe your disability and how it impacts you
- Explain any unique circumstances
- Detail the need for financial assistance
- Specify your future goals
The essay should be a minimum of 1 page and a maximum of 2 pages in length. Pages beyond the second page will not be reviewed. Essays should be submitted to SAC.
Disability Documentation Requirements
Students currently registered with our office who have their disability documentation on file do not need to send additional documentation; however, an essay is still required.
Those who are not registered with SAC must provide documentation of a disability from an appropriate professional no later than March 31 .
- Educational Opportunity Funds
- James K. Shaver Scholarship
- Mary Ann Walker Scholarship
- Positive Lifestyle Scholarship
- Powell Family Memorial Scholarship
- Sharon S. Keith Memorial Scholarship
- Sol and Rachel Pettit-Scott Family - Bosco Family Scholarship
A Scholarship Committee comprised of K-State faculty, staff, graduate students, and SAC staff reviews each student's essay and the individual scholarship requirements to determine the best candidate(s) for each scholarship.
Many organizations offer scholarships to people with disabilities. We recommend searching online for opportunities.