Documentation Guidelines

Students requesting accommodations and services are required to provide disability documentation.

Types of documentation

Although the type of disability documentation needed will be discussed during the initial meeting, any information that can be provided prior to the first meeting may be helpful, such as:

  • IEP/504 plans
  • current evaluations
  • letters from doctors
  • hospital reports
  • Disability Verification Form: This form is provided by our office as an option for documentation and can be used if other documentation is not readily available.

Submitting documentation

Documentation can be submitted in the following ways:

Personal disability information is not denoted on academic transcripts and should not be shared with others without the student’s permission. There are limited circumstances when information may be shared on a need-to-know basis.

These guidelines are for Kansas State University. Documentation policies of other institutions or agencies may be different.