Students must apply for graduation online, through their student KSIS account, for all majors, minors, and/or secondary majors they plan to graduate with. (How-to)
The dates to apply for graduation are listed on the official Academic Calendar. As your school/college may have program-specific graduation deadlines, always check with your Dean's office for official dates.
- If you have already submitted your graduation application, and now need to change your application to a different term, please contact your Dean's office.
- If you have any questions regarding university degree requirements, please refer to the Academic Catalog.
- If you have submitted your graduation application, but now need to change your diploma name or diploma address, you may do so through your KSIS Student Center. (How-to update your diploma name and/or your diploma address).
If you have any questions about the graduation application process, please contact the Office of the Registrar, 118 Anderson Hall, 785-532-6254, email@example.com.
Undergraduate degrees are awarded three times a year, December/Fall term, May/Spring term, and August/Summer session, to students who have met all department, college, and university requirements.
Graduate and Vet Med degrees are overseen by the Graduate School and the College of Veterinary Medicine respectively. Students should consult with their Dean's office for degree information and timelines.
Bachelor’s degree candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 hours in residence, with at least 50 hours in graded courses, are considered for graduation with scholastic honors as follows:
- Students with a 3.950 or above K-State academic average are designated as Summa Cum Laude.
- Students with a 3.850–3.949 K-State academic average are designated as Magna Cum Laude.
- Students with a 3.750–3.849 K-State academic average are designated as Cum Laude.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree candidates are eligible to receive these honors based on courses completed in the professional program. Please note that the Graduate School does not award scholastic honors.
For the unofficial commencement program, honors will be determined on a minimum of 45 hours in residence completed prior to the term of graduation with at least 36 credit hours in graded courses.
- Fall 2018 Commencement Instructions (pdf)
- Additional Graduation Information (pdf)
- Commencement Ceremonies (live stream)
Friday, December 7, 2018
- Student Life Center, Salina: 7:00 p.m., Kansas State Polytechnic
Friday, December 7, 2018
- Bramlage Coliseum: 1:00 p.m., Graduate School
Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Bramlage Coliseum: 8:30 a.m., Arts & Sciences
- Bramlage Coliseum: 10:00 a.m., Education
- Bramlage Coliseum: 11:30 a.m., Business Administration
- Bramlage Coliseum: 1:00 p.m., Agriculture
- Bramlage Coliseum: 2:30 p.m., Human Ecology
- Bramlage Coliseum: 4:00 p.m., Engineering
Please note that we will alternate parking lots at Bramlage; A&S - West, Education - East, Business - West, Agriculture - East, Human Ecology - West, Engineering - East