What is Mediasite?
- A capture and distribution system that lets instructors create lectures and presentation videos (live/on-demand)
- A distribution system that allows students the ability to watch this content on their computers or mobile devices
- A video presentation system that provides instructors full analytics at the individual student level
- A student centered video player that lets the student focus on what is most important to them
What can you do with Mediasite?
- Record lectures
- Faculty can create and upload their own videos
- Manage videos in a secure, searchable environment
- Students can watch videos on their computers or mobile devices
Getting started with Mediasite
A wealth of "How To" documents as well as detailed tutorial videos have been developed to help faculty and staff at K-State get started using Mediasite. To request an in-person training, please submit a request using this form.
Mediasite is available in K-State Online
Mediasite brings easy-to-use instructional capture and video publishing to K-State Online. From any course, instructors can use MyMediasite to capture or upload video lectures, screencasts and tutorials. Instructors can automatically publish to designated courses or embed video content anywhere within K-State Online. To access your MyMediasite portal within K-State Online, click the "MyMediasite" link in your course's navigation menu.
Note: The MyMediasite course navigation button will only be visible to Instructor and TA roles. Students will not see this button. With single sign-on, students quickly access content and stream course videos without leaving K-State Online. Mediasite provides the most engaging learning experience with powerful video search, interactivity and sharing tools.