(Please note: Active recruitment of new members occurs at the beginning of the fall semester. If you submit your application during the spring or summer, your application will be kept on file and you will be notified when new member orientation dates are set.) Attendance at the orientation is required. This is a 1-hour session typically held the second or third week in September (usually a Monday or Tuesday at 5:00 pm).
Print, complete and submit each of the forms listed below. If you have any problems printing the documents, please send an e-mail indicating what you need and copies will be sent to you. Be sure to include your mailing address.
Submit completed applications to Lafene Health Center, room #268. Attention: Dianna Schalles
These forms are available as HTML and PDF links. (The PDF link requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Acrobat may be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site.)
- Application for Peer Educator Position [HTML] [PDF]
- Recommendation for Peer Educator Position [HTML] [PDF]
- Attend the required orientation session.
- Attend the bi-weekly meetings.
- Give at least one presentation a semester.
- Represent SNAC in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate in Eating Disorders Awareness Week (last week of February) and other SNAC activities on campus.
The S.N.A.C. candidate must be willing to fulfill the following required criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a full or part-time K-State student.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit professional attitude.
- Able to commit at least 2 consecutive semesters involvement.
Benefits of becoming a peer educator:
- gain experience with health fairs and other interactive exhibits.
- gain public speaking experience by giving presentations to campus and community groups.
- get to know other students who share your passion for a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- participate in planning a campus-wide event to promote National Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- learn to work effectively as a team to accomplish group goals.
- gain hands-on work experience for dietetics and other degree programs.
- have FUN while helping others!