Currently, peer educators are recruited from the K-State Dietetics, Kinesiology and Human Nutrition degree programs. However, other interested students are welcome to apply to become a SNAC peer educator. Complete the application process if you are interested in becoming a SNAC peer educator!
(Please note: Active recruitment of new members occurs at the beginning of the fall semester. If you submit your application during the spring or summer, your application will be kept on file and you will be notified when new member orientation dates are set.)
Print, complete and submit each of the forms listed below. If you have any problems printing the documents, please send an e-mail indicating what you need and copies will be sent to you. Be sure to include your mailing address.
Also, application forms are available by calling or stopping by the Health Promotion Department at Lafene (Room 268, 785.532.6595) or by calling Dianna Schalles (785.532.5240) if you have questions.
Submit completed applications to Lafene Health Center, room #268.
- Application for Peer Educator Position [HTML] [PDF]
- Recommendation for Peer Educator Position [HTML] [PDF]
These forms are available as HTML and PDF links. (The PDF link requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Acrobat may be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site.)
- Attend the bi-weekly meetings.
- Give at least one presentation a semester.
- Help develop educational materials for residence halls, greek houses, and other campus or community groups.
- Represent SNAC in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate in Eating Disorders Awareness Week (last week of February) and other SNAC activities on campus.
The S.N.A.C. candidate must be willing to fulfill the following required criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a full or part-time K-State student.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit professional attitude.
- Able to commit at least 2 consecutive semesters involvement.