Engage in campus life
Kansas State University is the perfect place to set your scene, whatever that may be. You might raise money for charity, design a solar car or lead your residence hall soccer team to a championship.
Personalize your college life to fit your interests. No matter what you do, you're guaranteed to have fun and make friends for life.
Uncover your leadership potential
Give leadership a leading role in your life. There are many opportunities at K-State for you to get involved, develop a new skillset and serve your community.
School of Leadership Studies
Leadership studies is the most popular minor among K-State undergraduates, and it's the only program of its kind at a public university in the country. Students learn valuable leadership principles and take ownership of their education by teaching introductory classes, volunteering in the community or becoming ambassadors for the program.
Lay the groundwork for leadership
- Be a resident assistant: Every floor of K-State's nine residence halls has a resident assistant. As a resident assistant, you'll provide guidance to the members of your floor: academic help, directions to class, personal advice, even fashion tips.
- Run for office: Students have a big voice at K-State. Our Student Governing Association plays a major role in issues across campus and in Manhattan. Share your ideas as a member of SGA, or become an ambassador for your college.
- Lead a club: There are more than 475 clubs and organizations to choose from at K-State, or you can start your own group.
- Be a tutor: Tutors are the unsung heroes of the leadership world. K-State tutors guide fellow students to success at the Academic Assistance Center or in residence hall dining centers.
- Go Greek: Plan service activities, or just get experience leading your peers in a fraternity or sorority. K-State Greeks represent about 20 percent of K-State undergrads, but they hold about 65 percent of the leadership positions on campus.