The guiding principles have been developed to align with the K-State 2025 strategic plan. Proposals will be evaluated based on the guiding principles which reflect the university's commitment to openness, integrity and its core values.
Safety and Compliance
- Improve safety and compliance of existing research and teaching laboratory space.
- Optimize program funds to benefit improved safety for research activities or functions within shared-use spaces.
- Reduce or eliminate risk to faculty, staff and students.
- Facilitate research and learning in safe, healthy laboratory environments.
- Address specific code, regulation or standards.
- Maintain integrity of synergistic spaces that encourage collaboration, interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary work and interaction.
- Strategic groupings of programs that facilitate work and services.
- Provide functional space for optimum utilization of laboratory equipment while ensuring safety and compliance standards.
- Flexible space that meets several needs for research and teaching.
- Enhance research and teaching laboratories.
- Historic campus buildings.
- Supports student-centered campus environment.
Cost Effective and Timely
- Leveraging of matching funds.
- Utilize current space attributes efficiently.
- Feasibility and fiscal responsibility.
- Projects completed now save funds later.