March 1, 2022
Call for abstracts: March 15 deadline for 2022 Urban Food Systems Symposium
It's not too late to share your research at the upcoming Urban Food Systems Symposium.
The symposium's Scientific Committee invites those with research that aligns to the theme of "building coalitions for a changing world" to submit an abstract for consideration as a poster or oral presentation during the event.
Abstracts are due by March 15.
Proposals can focus on:
- Climate change and environmental aspects of urban agriculture.
- Urban food production systems (growing food indoors and outdoors in urban/periurban areas, including controlled environment agriculture).
- Challenges of growing in urban areas.
- Training and education (e.g., farmers, food processors, educators, students) in urban food systems.
- Urban food distribution systems.
- Urban planning and development.
- Community and economic development.
- Connecting urban consumers with agriculture.
- Nutrition and human health of urban communities.
- Food security and food safety.
- Food system policy and advocacy.
- Extension and outreach in urban food systems.
Follow the abstract instructions to develop and submit an abstract before the March 15 deadline.
The 2022 Urban Food Systems Symposium is Sept. 26-29 at the historic Hotel Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri. The symposium brings together academic and research-oriented professionals from around the world to share and gain knowledge on how to build coalitions, adapt to a changing world and discuss how urban food systems contribute to these solutions.
Learn more at urbanfoodsystemssymposium.org.