September 3, 2021
#YourKStateJourney communications campaign kicks off next week
The Center for Student Involvement invites the campus to engage in a new communications campaign called Your K-State Journey.
This semester, our campus has approximately 9,000 students who are new to a traditional campus experience. Student engagement also has been difficult throughout virtual means and students have shared they have felt disconnected from the community and resources.
Your K-State Journey is a collaborative effort to give students a welcoming and engaging experience this academic year. The goal of the campaign is to provide pathways for students to connect with campus resources, engage in our campus culture and support community building and a sense of belonging. A series of objectives have been established to help ensure we reach this goal, including:
- Helping students be prepared for college.
- Connecting students with success resources.
- Encouraging students to get involved.
- Introducing campus advocates and success units.
- Creating engaging experiences between students and K-State.
- Providing students with a sense of belonging and purpose.
- Enhancing the student experience through a holistic approach to student support.
- Building pathways that help students stay on track toward academic and career success.
- Providing continued support through dedicated connections with faculty/staff for ongoing and meaningful interactions.
We have developed a theming strategy for each week throughout the fall semester — and will have one for the spring semester as well — and invite you to learn more about this strategy by joining the Microsoft Team to get on board. Using this theming strategy, we invite each campus department and individual faculty and staff member to join us on this campaign. Consider how your programs, services, support networks, teams, etc., fit within the theme of the week and share that with students via your many channels, including websites, social media, video, K-State Today articles and more.
Together we can work to support our students as they return to campus.
Any questions about the Your K-State Journey communications campaign can be directed to Kelli Farris, executive director in the Center for Student Involvement, at email@example.com.