April 1, 2019
Graduate Student Appreciation Month kicks off today
K-State's campuswide Graduate Student Appreciation Month begins April 1.
Initiated by the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students, Graduate-Professional Student Appreciation Week is celebrated the first week of April each year.
In appreciation for their dedicated service and contributions to the teaching, research, scholarship and outreach, K-State will recognize graduate students with activities throughout the month of April.
Below is a list of several planned activities to recognize K-State's graduate students, but graduate students may be informed about other activities from their colleges, departments, or programs.
Monday, April 1
- The Graduate Student Council will host the April Graduate Student Council meeting at noon in 137 Waters Hall. This meeting will include the announcement of candidates for the 2019-20 Graduate Student Council executive committee election.
- Following the meeting, the council will host an ice cream social for graduate students at 1:30 p.m. on the west side of Eisenhower Hall.
Wednesday, April 3
- All graduate students and their advisors are invited to the President's Social, courtesy of President Myers, from 5:30-7 p.m. in the Alumni Center Ballroom.
Friday, April 5
- The College of Veterinary Medicine will provide coffee and donuts for their graduate students from 7:30-9 a.m. in the Trotter Hall lobby.
- The College of Arts and Sciences will offer a graduate pizza luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. in 301 Calvin Hall. Arts and Sciences graduate students that plan to attend are asked to register their attendance online by 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 3. Those who attend will have the opportunity to register for a chance to receive a $500 conference travel scholarship. Dean Chakrabarti will make remarks at 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 23
- The Graduate Student Council will host the annual Graduate Student Council Awards and Recognition Reception for graduate students who have received notable achievements throughout the 2018-19 academic year. The reception will begin with a social period at 5 p.m. in the Alumni Center Banquet Room. Graduate students to be recognized will receive a direct invitation from the Graduate Student Council.