April 11, 2016
Participate in events and giveaways to celebrate National Student Employment Week
K-State students are invited to participate in the events and giveaways for the week. Giveaway winners will be drawn at random and students must be currently enrolled to be eligible. Online entry forms will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day on the Career and Employment Services website.
Monday, April 11
- McCain Monday Giveaway: Enter to win two McCain Performance Series tickets to either "Carmen," the ballet, or to Chris Botti, superstar trumpeter.
Tuesday, April 12
- Treat Yourself Tuesday Giveaway: Five lucky students will be awarded $10 JP's Sports Bar and Grill gift cards.
- "Take This Job and… Be Awesome" — 4 p.m. in 207 K-State Student Union. Hear a student panel share what it takes to be an employee, intern or research assistant who stands out from the crowd.
Wednesday, April 13
- Wildcats Forever Wednesday Giveaway: Two students will be awarded 2016-2017 Wildcats Forever memberships which include a membership T-shirt, a collectible glass and a membership card with discounts to favorite places in town.
- Zumba on the Lawn — Noon to 1 p.m. on the Holtz Hall south lawn. Come and go as you please for a midweek dance de-stressor.
- Wellness Wednesday Afternoon Snack Break — 3-6 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. The Wildcat Wellness Coalition will provide a free healthy treat, while supplies last.
- Student Employee of the Year Award Ceremony — 4-5 p.m. in the K-State Alumni Center. Finalists, their families, friends and supervisors/nominators are invited to participate in the second annual award ceremony, where the 2016 Student Employee of the Year award winner will be announced.
Thursday, April 14
- Thankful Thursday Giveaway: One winner will receive a Career Success Package which includes a K-State leather portfolio, thank-you cards and a pencil/pen combo set.
Friday, April 15
- Football Friday Giveaway: One student will be drawn to receive a K-State football autographed by Coach Bill Snyder.
National Student Employment Week is organized by Career and Employment Services. Additional sponsors include K-State Libraries, K-State Athletics, Recreational Services, the Wildcat Wellness Coalition, McCain Performance Series and the Department of Housing and Dining Services.