April 1, 2016
Kansas State Inline Hockey Club schedules exhibition event before national tournament
In preparation for the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association's championship tournament, the K-State Inline Hockey Club will host exhibition games Saturday, April 2, at the MAC gym in the Peters Recreation Complex. We have invited three teams to campus for a round-robin tournament. The teams are the Garden City Taurus, the Wichita Albino Rhinos and Kansas City Hockey.
The tournament schedule:
- Noon — Kansas State vs. Wichita
- 1 p.m. — Garden City vs. Kansas City
- 2 p.m. — Kansas City vs. Kansas State
- 3 p.m. — Garden City vs. Wichita
- 4 p.m. — Kansas State vs. Garden City
- 5 p.m. — Kansas City vs. Wichita
All games are free and open to the public.
This year, the K-State Inline Hockey Club set some team high benchmarks. For the first time in club history, we won the preseason tournament, first place in the regular season and the Great Plains Regional Playoffs. The team looks forward to playing its best at nationals.
The National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association's championship tournament will be April 6-10 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The top 20 college teams in the nation will compete to crown a national champion. This is the fifth year in a row that we have been invited to the tournament and seventh time in team history. Our best finishes include the Final Four in both 2001 and 2012, and we have never finished lower than the Sweet 16. All games will be streamed live online.
The tournament consists of five pools of four teams who will play round-robin for seeding. The single elimination tournament will begin April 8.
K-State's round-robin games include:
- 11 a.m. April 6: K-State Wildcats vs. Louisiana Tech
- 7 a.m. April 7: K-State Wildcats vs. Florida
- 9 a.m. April 8: K-State Wildcats vs. Western Michigan