March 24, 2023
International Coordinating Council to host International Week celebration
The International Coordinating Council, a registered departmental student organization, will host its annual International Week from Sunday, March 26, to Sunday, April 2.
Throughout the week, the International Coordinating Council will host events showcasing the rich cultural diversity represented at K-State.
This year's events include the following:
- Sunday, March 26, 6-8 p.m.: International Fashion Show at the K-State Student Union, Forum Hall.
- Monday, March 27, 4 p.m.: International Parade leaving from the International Student Center to Bosco Student Plaza and returning to the center.
- Tuesday, March 28, 6-8 p.m.: International Dance Lessons at the K-State Student Union, Courtyard.
- Wednesday, March 29, noon to 1:30 p.m.: Panel discussion at the K-State Student Union, Big 12 Room. Panelists include Provost Charles S. Taber, assistant professor of chemistry Tendai Gadzikwa, undergraduate student Katie Sleichter and graduate student Nelofar Khamisani. The theme for this year's discussion is "Hear Our Stories: Life-Changing International Experiences."
- Thursday, March 30, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Cultural Exhibition at the K-State Student Union, Courtyard.
- Sunday, April 2, 6-8 p.m.: Talent Show at the K-State Student Union, Forum Hall.
Students, faculty or members of the Manhattan community who attend all six of the events could win prizes.
This year's International Week Celebration is sponsored by the Dow Center for Multicultural and Community Studies, the K-State Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, the Student Allocation Committee, the Sunderland Foundation Innovation Lab, and Globe Indian Food, with support from the International Student and Scholar Services and International Buddies.