January 5, 2023
Supervising Students on the Job training session offered virtually Jan. 19
Submitted by Human Capital Services - Learning and Development
Supervising Students on the Job, WTD005, will be presented from 8:30-10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 19, via Zoom by Megan Eakin, Learning and Development manager.
Student employees provide a significant portion of the workforce that supports and maintains this campus community. To work effectively with this important group, a supervisor should be aware of students' work limitations, key university and federal policies, and helpful leadership techniques. Even experienced supervisors of regular staff will benefit from the ideas offered in this program.
As a result of this session, participants will:
- Recognize best practices for student employee hiring and onboarding.
- Discuss responsibilities for supervisors of student employees.
- Understand student employee circumstances and limitations.
- Discuss motivation strategies and ways to recognize student employees.
- Review strategies for addressing poor work performance.
To register, sign up through HRIS Self-Service or send an email to Megan Eakin at email@example.com. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID, course title and course number WTD005.