October 5, 2022
Carl R. Ice College of Engineering announces faculty and staff awards
The Carl R. Ice College of Engineering presented its annual awards to faculty and staff at its fall convocation on Thursday, Sept. 29. The awards are designed to commend the dedication of the college's faculty and staff in support of its teaching, research, service and outreach programs.
Below are the 2021-2022 winners:
- Clair A. Mauch Steel Ring Advisor of the Year — Charles Carlson, teaching assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering.
- Sue Barsamian Engineering Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion — Melanie M. Derby, associate professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- James L. Hollis Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching — Mohammadhosein Ghasemi Baboly, teaching assistant professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- Myers-Alford Memorial Teaching Award — Hani Melhem, professor of civil engineering.
- Robert R. and Lila L. Snell Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award — Kimberly Waggle Kramer, professor of architectural engineering and construction science.
- Frankenhoff Outstanding Research Award — Ajay Sharda, assistant professor of biological and agricultural Engineering.
- Larry E. and Laurel Erickson Public Service Award — Behrooz Mirafzal, professor of electrical and computer engineering.
- Charles H. Scholer Faculty Award — Melanie M. Derby, associate professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- Engineering Unclassified Staff Award of Excellence — Mayumi Saito, accountant II in electrical and computer engineering.
- Engineering Team Awards of Excellence
- Recruitment Team — Kelsie Jones, Leanne Reineman and Craig Wanklyn.
- Biomedical Engineering Lab Team — Erik Grimm, Jason Richards, Mayumi Saito, Ben Thurlow, Steve Warren and Ryan Zecha.
- Dean's Award of Excellence-Teaching — Daniel Flippo, associate professor of biological and agricultural engineering.
- Dean's Award of Excellence-Research — Punit Prakash, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering.