September 29, 2022
K-State hosts in-person and virtual benefits fairs Oct. 5 and 6
Human Capital Services benefits is offering two benefits fairs this year. The first will be a traditional in-person Benefits Fair and will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5, in the Grand Ballroom of the K-State Student Union. This will be a great opportunity to meet with many of your benefits providers and learn more about many aspects of your total rewards package.
In addition, during the in-person fair on Oct. 5, several presentations will take place in the connecting K ballroom and S ballroom. Meet and hear from various vendors, and the presentations will include time for Q&A. The schedule of events is as follows:
- 10 a.m.: State Employee Health Plan will present on health benefits available for 2023.
- 11 a.m.: Renae Riedy, senior health insurance counselor, will present on Medicare basics.
- Noon: State Employee Health Plan will present on retiree health benefits available to potential retirees.
- 1 p.m.: State Employee Health Plan will present on health benefits available for 2023.
- 10 a.m.: TIAA will present "Halfway There: A Retirement Checkup."
- 11 a.m.: VOYA will present "Be Good to Yourself: Saving strategies for your retirement goals."
- Noon: KPERS will present "From Hire to Retire Seminar."
- 1 p.m.: KPERS 457 will present "Benefits of Enrollment in KPERS 457."
HCS benefits will host an additional opportunity to engage with benefits providers virtually on Oct. 6 for the Virtual Benefits Fair. The fair will be hosted via Zoom, and each vendor will provide a brief presentation and open for Q&A. The presentations will start at 8:30 a.m. and conclude around 4:30 p.m. Employees can join for the entire program or pick and choose which presentations they would like to listen to throughout the day. Employees can enter and rejoin throughout the day as they wish.
Below is the schedule of events:
• 8:30-10 a.m. SEHP-Active Employee Benefits.
• 10-10:30 a.m. CVS/Caremark: Prescription Benefits.
• 10:30-11 a.m. ComPsych: Employee Assistance Program.
• 11-11:30 a.m. Aetna — Active Employee Benefits.
• 11:30 a.m. to noon Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans — Retiree.
Silver Script Medicare Part D — Retiree.
• Noon-12:30 p.m. BCBSKS — Active Employee Benefits.
• 12:30-1 p.m. BCBSKS — Retiree Benefits.
• 1:00-1:30 p.m. Delta Dental.
• 1:30-2 p.m. Avesis: Vision Insurance.
• 2-2:30 p.m. MetLife: HSA/HRA.
• 2:30-3 p.m. The Hartford (SEHP Supplemental Benefits).
• 3-3:30 p.m. Rx Savings Solutions.
• 3:30-4 p.m. NueSynergy FSAs.
• 4-4:30 p.m. The Hartford (K-State TEA Benefits).
The virtual fair will be hosted via Zoom. Registration is not required.
Don't forget: October is open enrollment for health insurance, life insurance and other supplemental benefits. All employees must make an active health election for 2023 benefits. The benefits team will have an increased on-campus presence throughout the month of October including visits to Salina and Olathe. Watch K-State Today as well as your email for more information.
Contact the benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.