August 15, 2022
National search for executive director of environmental health and safety
A committee appointed by Ethan Erickson, chief financial officer and interim vice president and chief operating officer, has begun a national search for the executive director of environmental health and safety. The university has engaged with WittKieffer, an executive search firm, to support the search process.
The executive director will develop, lead and execute strategic plans to ensure that the university enterprise has a comprehensive environmental health and safety program with the goal of providing the safest possible environment preventing loss of life and injury to the campus community. In addition, the executive director will provide executive administrative direction and management of a highly technical service organization to support university research, academic, and support system programs and will ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Search committee members:
- Linda Craghead, director of facilities services, Division of Facilities, chair.
- Marty Draper, associate dean for research and graduate studies, College of Agriculture.
- Skyler Harper, associate director, Housing and Dining Services.
- Stacy Hutchinson, associate dean for research and graduate programs, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Heath Ritter, acting associate vice president for research compliance.
- Oscar Ruiz, associate director, K-State Police.
- Jason Talbert, director of benefits, Human Capital Services.
- Elliot Young, assistant vice president, university risk and compliance officer.
The position leadership profile and application information may be found on the university operations website.