October 14, 2021
RSVP for the New Faculty Institute event on Monday, Oct. 18
The New Faculty Institute will host a virtual Zoom event from noon to 1 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 18.
The topic will be: "What do K-State students need from faculty?" The session will be an opportunity to engage with current students to address the following questions — and more:
- What do you want faculty to know as they continue to develop face-to-face, hybrid and online courses?
- What do you wish faculty would do more or less of to support your learning, especially throughout the pandemic?
- How do we increase engagement and participation in the classroom?
- What should our faculty know about technology and student learning and engagement?
- How do you become a teacher that students love to learn from?
- How do we get buy-in from students in class? And get past the "what's on the test" mentality?
- How do we collaborate with our students in the learning process?
- What challenges and opportunities are students facing today?
RSVP by noon Friday, Oct. 15. A Zoom calendar invitation will be provided prior to the event.
The New Faculty Institute is a program for new faculty in their first or second year at K-State hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center. The New Faculty Institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
For more information or questions, contact Tamara Bauer, New Faculty Institute coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.